2023 McGill University Entrance Bursary Program for International Students in Canada
McGill University is committed to supporting the academic pursuits of qualified undergraduate students who require financial assistance. The University’s Entrance Bursary Program offers entrance bursaries to students from low to modest-income families who demonstrate financial need.
The Entrance Bursary program is a Need-based financial aid for future undergraduates.
The goal of the program is to make the University more accessible to those who face financial challenges by supplementing other funding resources such as government aid, Indigenous Band Support Funding, part-time work, parental support, and other sources of funding.
To be considered for the Entrance Bursary Program, applicants must:
- Enrol in a full-time degree program at the University
- Demonstrate financial need, including the intention to apply for government student aid and/or Indigenous Band Support Funding
Students registered with the Student Accessibility & Achievement may be eligible for financial aid while pursuing a reduced course load.
Award decisions begin in February, and continue thereafter on a rolling basis, 2-3 weeks from the date of application submission and/or documentation receipt (where required). Decisions are posted on the Financial Aid/Awards tab on Minerva and are followed by a formal letter. Awardees are encouraged to pay special attention to their letter as it contains important information about the award.
Method of Application
Upon notification of acceptance to the University (either by formal letter or via the Admissions Status page on Minerva), the application becomes available on Minerva: select the Financial Aid/Awards tab > Financial Aid Menu > Apply for a McGill Entrance Bursary > Apply to Entrance Bursary Program > Complete then submit your application.
- Canadian (citizen or permanent residents) students living outside of Canada must submit a CSS Financial Aid Profile to Scholarships and Student Aid in addition to the McGill Minerva aid application.
- U.S. students who wish to apply to the Entrance Bursary Program from the University must submit a CSS Profile in addition to the McGill Minerva aid application.
- International (non-US) students who wish to apply to the Entrance Bursary Program from the University must submit a CSS Profile in addition to the McGill Minerva aid application.
If you are a student with a disability who requires help completing online applications, please do not hesitate to contact us.
For more information, visit McGill University website