Future Forests Fellowship 2023 at University Of British Columbia in Canada
The Faculty of Forestry at the University of British Columbia is giving away the largest single grant for a forestry student.
The UBC Faculty of Forestry’s Future Forests Fellowship aims to attract and retain world-class students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this fellowship program, applicants must:
- be seeking financial support for their first doctoral degree
- meet the eligibility requirements for admission to full time doctoral studies at UBC Forestry and intend to register beginning September 2018
- not hold any other awards from the Canadian government or the University of British Columbia at the same time as the Future Forests Fellowship.
- have completed their bachelors and masters degree program
Eligible Countries: Domestic and International
Eligible Field Of Study: The fellowship recipient will enroll in a UBC PhD program and conduct research focused in one of the following areas:
Forest Products Biotechnology – Bioenergy – Forest Genomics – Climate Change – Urban Forestry – Forest Management – Conservation – Forested Landscapes – Salmon Ecology – Forest Health – Forests and Indigenous Peoples – Forests and Human Health
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: $70,000 CAD annually for up to four years. The fellowship is intended to cover all expenses incurred in the preparation and conduct of research.
Duration of Program: 4 years
Method of Application: It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that their online application and all supporting documents* (including official language test scores if applicable) are received by deadline. See how to apply Here
Note: They do not require a GRE score.
The following are required;
- Secure the interest of a prospective supervisor
- Complete the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies online application
- Scanned copies of official transcripts
- Three (3) References
- English Language Proficiency
- Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Application Deadline: November 25, 2022 (4 PM PST)